Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's all about me, I mean, you. Um, us?

Wow! There was a lot packed in Learn 2.0 Week 4. Some familiar, some new. What amazes me is that this desire to have a virtual presence and opinion is almost more of a sense of entitlement or need even. Everyone is a superstar on the Web! Now there are no excuses for getting your stuff "out there." MySpace and YouTube allow places that have otherwise been perceived as traditional and boring (I don't know, like the LIBRARY?) to be cool and savvy. Not to mention free advertising! I was sorry that I missed Step Off, and now that I watched the YouTube spot, I really regret it! It looked fantastic!

I took the opportunity to check out LibraryThing which was a third place winner in the book category on SEOmoz. Pure, traditional library catalogers of the world must be coming out of their skin! What a wonderful way to organize your own literary experience, capture it and share with others. I also found Farecast (first place in Travel) to be fascinating. I am curious to see the viability of this product when I plan future trips. Imagine, it's like the Wall Street of travel! And Zillow (first in Real Estate) is the social network of real estate. Check it out if you are interesting in buying, selling or not sure if you want to sell but willing to see what others would be willing to bid on your home. Wicked cool!

Also, with cooking and restaurants being my thing and all, I had to check out toEat. I added Dom's Pizza, a great pizza place in the Northgate Plaza where the Edgewater Branch is located. Dom is a big supporter of our location, and I am glad to add him to this site. I'm still on a quest for Ethiopian food, but didn't have any luck here. Hopefully it will continue to develop...

No comments: