Monday, May 7, 2007

Excitement and intrigue in Yankee Stadium!

Of all weekends for me to miss a televised ball game! First, the Yankees and Mariners clear the benches AND the bullpens, almost getting into a brawl. Plus Scott Proctor and Joe Torre are ejected from the game. Then Roger Clemens announces his return to the Bombers! Can you stand it? I'm reeling!

Okay, so was Proctor out of line, or was he looking out for his boys? Why is it when the Yankees do something like this, there is a higher scrutiny? Yeah, it's a classy team, but ball is ball. Besides, it's about time we saw some emotion come out of these guys! Now let's convert that energy into solid pitching, I say. Having The Rocket back is a beautiful thing, but I remain cautious until I see him in action, actually producing wins. I know it's a different animal, but I still have the Randy Johnson nightmare ringing in my brain...

On a different note, I had good times at Sea World and swam with the dolphins at Discovery Cove this weekend. Today was recuperation day and Girls Movie Day. This of course meant lots of yummy snack foods. Here is the sausage-cheese dip I made that is always a winner, wherever I go:

Mexican Cheese Dip

1 block of Mexican Velveeta, cubed (You can add a mini Velveeta to cut down on heat or stretch it.)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes, lightly drained (Mild or hot-it's your taste buds)
1 lb. ground sausage (I use Publix brand. Hot or mild depends on the level of heartburn desired.)

Cooking instructions:
  1. Brown sausage.
  2. Mix all ingredients together
  3. Melt in microwave until thoroughly melted.
  4. Serve with chip of choice. (I prefer Tostitos Scoops. Little bowls of heaven, I call them.)
  5. Enjoy!

I have to give credit to Britta for introducing this one to me. Give it a try. You'll be the hit of the party for years to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Silly me...I thought this site was about your love of Yankee Candles..what was I thinking...cheese or chocolate?

have a great weekend

Unknown said...

Thanks for the credit! Glad you love it. Hope everyone else likes it too!

LYMML