Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flickr Fun

I'm running a little behind here, but I had a lot of fun for Week 8 with Flickr. I took a couple of pictures of current displays going on at the Edgewater Branch. I have them tagged properly, but mine aren't coming up yet. I hope they are just pending for approval. Of course, for my browsing in Flickr, I looked for photos of Derek Jeter because HE IS THE MAN! Even though it doesn't seem like it right now...poor Yankees.

Moving on, I enjoy online learning. It allows you to be a little more self-paced, not to mention go over something more than once. For me, library school was half online and half face-to-face. I preferred a combination of both. Still not ready to let go completely of that human connection! There is still something to be said for a traditional classroom, although I know I would be just fine in a solely, online class environment.

I've pretty much been flying solo on my Learn 2.0 journey, but we have a few Edgers who have buddied up to help those not as techno savvy as others. It's been awesome to see coworkers learn about new technologies they wouldn't have otherwise been exposed to if not for this course.

No comments: